24 Peaks Challenge
On 27th August 2021, I am taking on the mighty challenge of completing 24 peaks within 24 hours.
I will be attempting the circular route which is located in The Lake District.
Like its sister, the Linear Route, the Circular Route is also spread over two days; I’ll walk 29.5 miles with 11,640ft of ascent (47.5km and ~3,548m of ascent) in just 24 hours of walking time. Like the Linear Route, this is a long and arduous challenge too!
Day 1 of the 24 Peak Challenge Circular Route starts and ends in Great Langdale. I take in the 10 summits below in one 14.5 mile long push (23.3km) with ~5,479ft (1,670m) of uphill.
- Leg 1: New Dungeon Ghyll, Langdale – Rossett Pike
- Leg 2: Rossett Pike – Allen Crags
- Leg 3: Allen Crags – Lingmell
- Leg 4: Lingmell – Scafell Pike
- Leg 5: Scafell Pike – Broad Crag
- Leg 6: Broad Crag – Ill Crag
- Leg 7: Ill Crag – Great End
- Leg 8: Great End – Esk Pike
- Leg 9: Esk Pike – Bowfell North Top
- Leg 10: Bowfell North Top – Bowfell
- Leg 11: Bowfell – New Dungeon Ghyll, Langdale
Day 2 starts and end in Glenridding. We take in another 14 peaks over the stages below. The route is around 15 miles (24.1km) of walking with ~6,161ft (1,878m) of uphill.
- Leg 12: Glenridding – Birks
- Leg 13: Birks – St. Sunday Crag
- Leg 14: St. Sunday Crag – Cofa Pike
- Leg 15: Cofa Pike – Fairfield
- Leg 16: Fairfield – Dollywaggon Pike
- Leg 17: Dollywaggon Pike – Nethermost Pike
- Leg 18: Nethermost Pike – High Crag
- Leg 19: High Crag – Helvellyn
- Leg 20: Helvellyn – Lower Man
- Leg 21: Lower Man – Whiteside
- Leg 22: Whiteside – Raise
- Leg 23: Raise – Stybarrow Dodd
- Leg 24: Stybarrow Dodd – Sheffield Pike
- Leg 25: Sheffield Pike – Glenridding Dodd
- Leg 26: Glenridding Dodd – Glenridding
I will be uploading a vlog and another post upon completion.